About the Role
In this role, you will frame the development of commercial strategies, coordinate cross-functional input, and negotiate through to contractual execution on major projects for NSW Ports. Additionally, you will provide commercial support across various areas of the business.
This position reports to the General Manager Commercial and Business Development and oversees a direct report – Commercial Project Manager.
- Major Project Management:
- Develop and frame commercial strategies for designated major projects and develop business cases for senior management and Board consideration.
- Lead contractual negotiations aligning with corporate objectives and risk appetite.
- Coordinate internal collaboration for efficient project advancement.
- Manage interim steps during the Commercial Phase, including feasibility studies, risk assessments, and financial modeling.
- Provide concise project status reports and escalate issues for timely resolution.
- Project Transition and Post-Investment:
- Ensure effective transition to colleagues responsible for project delivery.
- Provide ongoing commercial support to project delivery teams as required.
- Conduct post-investment reviews as necessary.
- Commercial Support:
- Monitor performance of commercial activities using key contractual, financial and governance metrics.
- Lead reviews of contracts and projects, assessing performance and capturing lessons learned.
- Working Relationships:
- Collaborate with internal teams such as Commercial and Business Development, Legal, Operations, Infrastructure, and Finance.
- Engage with external stakeholders, consultants, investment banks, and legal counsel.
- Tertiary qualifications in a commercial, legal, financial, or business management discipline.
- Behavioural working style aligned with the company’s Values.
- Strong negotiation, influencing, and communication skills with a proven track record of successfully managing complex projects/transactions to completion.
- Significant experience in contract management with commercial acumen and a strong understanding of financial modelling.
- Preferred experience in ports, transport infrastructure, or logistics sectors.
- Broad understanding of technical areas relevant to development projects and an ability to incorporate cross-functional input into transactional terms and business cases.
- Demonstrated ability preparing and presenting board papers.
- Structured personality with excellent project management skills and able to demonstrate sound judgment and integrity.
- Self-driven with an ability to motivate individuals and teams to shape and implement business objectives.
- Work from home policy available to all employees.
- Paid Parental Leave: 12 weeks to the primary caregiver at full pay.
- Professional Development.
- Free Carpark: available onsite.
- Income protection insurance.
- Superannuation matching.
- Employee health and wellness benefits.
NSW Ports has 5 core Values which support the vision, shape the culture, and enable the strategic objectives of the company:
1. CARE – We care about the wellbeing of ourselves, each other, and our stakeholders.
2. INTEGRITY – We are honest and real in all that we do.
3. COLLABORATION – We work together, respecting one another’s views, and make
our work environment fun and enjoyable.
4. ACCOUNTABILITY – We do what we say we will do and take responsibility for
achieving the outcome.
5. PASSION – We are committed to NSW Ports and the future of our business and
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Simon Cust - firstname.lastname@example.org