Sharp and Carter are partnering with one of Australia's biggest brands to support an ambitious plan to bring lifestyle and engineering opportunities to Queensland and the Gold Coast!
This organisation is a household name and part of the big 4 financial institutions in Australia. This digital division is at the cutting edge of the fintech revolution, creating new technologies for the customers needs of tomorrow. Lead by an inspirational leadership team that has created a culture of curiosity, collaboration, learning, development and enjoyment....This is a unique opportunity to develop your career work with new technology and be part of a movement within fintech that is raising eyebrows across the financial sector!
This is a unique and exciting opportunity for a full stack engineer of various experience levels to play a critical role in the development of digital platforms at our client.
This team uses wide range of technologies to design, architect, develop and support solutions for both internal and external customers.
The core responsibilities of the role are to:
- Collaborate with team members in a cross-functional team to deliver world-class and high-quality products for our Westpac Digital platform
- Write clean code and build applications in line with best practices
- Apply a practical approach to development including the reuse of shared components and open-source projects
- Design REST API using Open API Swagger specification by following the REST API design guidelines
- Lead the diagnosis and resolution of complex service issues to ensure effective development, maintenance, and support of applications
- Keep the code free from vulnerabilities by performing npm audit / sonar scans regularly
- Participate in Agile ceremonies
- Provide technical guidance, coaching and mentoring to other engineers
- Contribute to and be advocate of the development of our engineering community through participation in guilds for knowledge sharing and learning.
- Career development
- Exposure to new technologies and practises
- A top brand name on your CV
- Incredibly flexible working environment (3/4 days a month in the office)
- Continual development
- Great package and benefits
What do I need?
- Front-end development: ReactJS/Redux
- API and microservices: JAVA or NodeJS or .NET
- Development tools: VS Code, linting, npm etc
- Agile tools: Bitbucket, JIRA etc
- CI/CD tools: Bamboo, Jenkins, Artefactory etc.
- Passion for delivering quality customer experience as well as writing quality code for reusability and scalability
- Sound enterprise application architecture experience in design patterns, concurrency, and performance
- Be up to date with latest trends in technology with a passion to bring new ideas to turn to reality