Our client is a prominent player in the wholesaler/distribution industry, and are known for their commitment to providing an exceptional customer experience, and for encouraging innovation. Their values include collaboration, talent development, trust, and making a difference. They are currently seeking a Senior Financial Accountant to join their well-established finance team and contribute to their mission of excellence.
About the Role:
As the Senior Financial Accountant, reporting into the General Manager of Finance, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of financial reporting. You will lead a team of 4 finance professionals and oversee various aspects of financial accounting, including fixed assets, operating expenses, and bank reconciliations.
Key Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Lead, develop, and mentor a team of 4 finance professionals.
- Oversee month-end processes, focusing on the accuracy of operating expenses and intercompany reconciliations.
- Report monthly results and periodic budgets/forecasts to the overseas parent company using the Group reporting system (Magnitude).
- Collaborate with the broader finance team and other departments to deliver monthly results.
- Review and prepare balance sheet reconciliations.
- Report monthly results for regions and branches (approximately 140 branches) in a timely manner.
- Investigate queries and assist regional and branch managers in understanding results.
- Assist with periodic budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Oversee the Bank Reconciliations Team, ensuring cash receipts and bank reconciliations are up to date and issues are reported to the Internal Audit Manager.
- Identify and drive process improvements, including system enhancements, to increase the efficiency and accuracy of financial accounting and bank reconciliations.
- Collaborate with systems teams (Oracle and BI) to implement changes and enhancements.
- Maintain the general ledger Chart of Accounts (Oracle).
- Perform ad hoc analysis and reporting.
- Contribute to quarterly and annual sustainability reporting.
- Strong financial accounting experience in a large commercial environment, with multi-site experience preferred.
- Experience with a large ERP system, preferably Oracle.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise effectively with all levels of management.
- Proven experience in successfully leading and developing team members.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate financial information to non-financial stakeholders.
- High attention to detail and a results-driven, organized approach to meeting tight deadlines.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Claudia Freiha at email@example.com