An exciting opportunity within a multinational Construction/Property organisation currently exists in order to fill a key role in their finance team. This senior accountants' position will help assist in the management and communication of the companies’ financial & corporate accounting activities on both a domestic and international scale.
Reporting into the Group Finance Manager, your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to);
- Monthly Corporate overhead analysis – investigation and commentary on actual versus budgeted expenditure and liaison with Functional Heads;
- Working with functional and organisational leaders for monthly forecasting, quarterly reviews and annual budgeting process;
- Assist in preparation of various monthly management accounts (P&L and Balance Sheet);
- Assist in lead-up to year-end with balance sheet reviews and note disclosure preparations;
- Prepare and post general journals, accrual journals, month-end standing journals;
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations with proper supporting documentation (e.g. prepayments, accrued income, accrued expenses, provisions and clearing accounts);
- Maintain the Cashbook Ledger in the system (upload daily bank statement files; maintain transaction types and post Cashbook entries into system sub ledgers);
- Prepare bank reconciliations;
- Process Timesheets in the system for cost allocation purposes and, analysis and reporting of staff utilisation;
- Maintain the fixed asset, WIP and CAPEX registers;
- Reconcile intercompany balances and invoicing related parties;
- Monthly Reconciliation of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable control accounts;
- Prepare and circulate Aged Debtors and Creditors reports and follow-up outstanding debtors with project teams;
- Drive continuous improvement in systems, reporting, process and efficiency
Ideally, you will be a CA/CPA qualified accounting professional and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills as your ability to interact and engage cross functionally within the business will be crucial to your success. You will be able to work cohesively within a team and also autonomously as well. Additionally, you will have a strong attention to detail and have worked in a large Construction / Property multinational organisation previously. A background in chartered accounting (either Big-4 / Mid-Tier) is also considered highly advantageous.
- Substantial salary package
- Flexible working arrangements (i.e. work from home)
- Corporate training & true career development opportunities
- Ongoing learning & development programs
Our client is an industry-leading multinational Construction / Property organisation. They have been branded as an “employer of choice” within their field, with first-class employee training programs.
How to apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Jamie Burgess at email@example.com or on 0439 014 028, quoting Ref No JB5221.