Sharp & Carter has been engaged by a highly regarded diversified Blue Chip Corporate. Boasting a suite of various divisions and service offerings, the organisation is currently undergoing a significant period of transformation and growth on the back of a number new business launches. In a dominant market position and with an appetite for future growth this is a great opportunity to join a true market leader in a critical and key support role.
Reporting directly to the Senior Statutory & Tax Manager, you will be primarily responsible for providing accounting advice, maintenance of accounting policies and assisting with half & full year financial reporting. As such you duties will include, but are not be limited to:
- Provide an advisory/consulting service on financial accounting related matters and asset capitalisation decisions.
- Develop and maintain accounting policies, consistent with IFRS standards and best practice corporate governance principles. Ensure these policies are consistent across the Group's structure.
- Assist with the accounting related to acquisitions and consolidation activity.
- Assist with the preparation of annual and half-year financial statements that accord with Ministerial reporting guidelines, A-IFRS and other professional pronouncements.
- Assist with the consolidation of group result including reporting to internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide assistance to subsidiaries in regards to financial accounting requirements and month end procedures.
- Monthly cash flow reporting.
- Drafting high quality communication to Board, Risk and other Committees on financial results
- Prepare financial information for third party reporting for the Department of Finance.
We are seeking expressions of interest from candidates with the following attributes:
- Demonstrated knowledge of IFRS (& US GAAP).
- Demonstrated understanding of business and financial risk.
- Experience in preparing large complex financial statements.
- Degree qualification in Accounting or related discipline, Membership of Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia (ICAA) or Certified Practising Accountants (CPA).
- Thorough understanding of accounting standards
- Knowledge of SAP and TM1 highly regarded
- 12 month fixed term contract with view for extension
- Salary of up to $120,000 package inclusive of superannuation
- Immediately available position
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Jason Tran on firstname.lastname@example.org