We are currently recruiting for a home-grown Australian organisation based in the Frankston area, Melbourne. This is a full-time career opportunity for a Senior Engineer to lead the software development of products defined by the Company by the design, coding, documenting, testing and maintenance of embedded software for various Products/Solutions to meet client and/or employer needs.
In this role, you'll get the chance to:
- Follow safe work practices and procedures, and ensure a “safety first” culture in every task undertaken.
- Advise the Systems Engineer and Engineering Manager of design or other issues affecting the development of appropriate software.
- Researching, designing, writing, documenting, and testing new software programs.
- Developing existing systems by analysis and identifying areas for modification.
- Maintaining systems by monitoring, identifying and correcting software defects.
- Investigating new technologies.
- Creating technical specifications and test plans.
- Writing software design documentation.
- Follow structured development Lifecyle’s for the development of all software.
- Working closely with other staff contributing to company objectives. Key contacts include systems engineers, test engineers, project managers and electrical engineers.
- Consulting clients/colleagues concerning the maintenance and performance of software systems and asking questions to obtain information, clarify details and implement information.
- Constantly updating technical knowledge and skills by attending in-house and/or external courses, reading manuals and accessing new applications.
- Participation in department improvement activities such as reviewing and updating engineering processes.
Minimum Position Requirements:
- Degree qualified in Software or Electrical engineering.
- 5+ years’ experience development in Embedded Systems
- Working knowledge of Firmware, C, C+, C++, typically using Windows based development environments.
- Understanding of embedded firmware systems & development programs.
- Familiarity with Atlassian tools and git
- Windows PC application development using MS Visual Studio (C#) would be advantages, but is not a core job requirement.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Vincent Cote Boucher at firstname.lastname@example.org