My client is one of Australia’s leading and fastest growing retail businesses. The group develops and invests in many retail concepts with over 200 homewares stores. They have stores in all States and Territories in Australia and also operate the e-commerce websites for HOUSE.com.au, RobinsKitchen.com.au, YourHomeDepot.com.au, PetHouse.com.au, Baccarat.com.au, MyHouse.com.au, the list goes on.
About the Role
The purpose of the Senior Frontend Developer is to be responsible for all the frontend code development across our various websites. In this rewarding and challenging role, you will be in charge to shape and architect our frontend tech stack solution focusing on scale and growth as we go through a rapid eCommerce growth phase.
As a potential candidate you will be responsible for developing and deploying enhancements, new feature builds, bug fixes and solutioning features on Shopify & Magento 2 from internal project briefs.
We are looking for a progressive developer who is passionate about new technologies and frameworks in bringing our ideas to life digitally. The ideal person will be passionate about never hardcoding solutions but developing dynamic modern features that drive value and performance.
The skills you will require to be successful in this role are as follows:
- Looking for a Shopify expert, it would be extremely beneficial if you have got large amounts of experience working with Shopify.
- Strong knowledge in Shopify Liquid, Magento 2 PHP, React.JS or Vue.JS in delivering and building high quality frontend features, enhancements & bug fixes
- Knowledge in GitLab or GitHub code deployment, repository management and forking of branches preferred
- Ability to troubleshoot errors in code and proactively resolve to reduce downtime
- Has the ability to communicate best coding practice or provide suitable tech stack directions for the business to scale effectively
- Proven ability to review merge requests and resolve errors in repositories by other developers
- Proven ability to setup repositories from scratch and can connect to various systems
- Knowledge of restful API & GraphQL
- Ability to work within an agile sprint-based development cycle with SCRUM principles
- Knowledge of JIRA project management tool for raising and closing development tickets
- Has the ability to knowledge transfer and document findings in Confluence
- Can work confidently and independently without a BA or senior tech lead
- Knowledge in progressive tech-stacks and frameworks incl headless and next.js
- Working knowledge of Ruby Script
- Ability to document API in Swagger/OpenAPI
- Ability to expose frontend API endpoints to be consumed by backend systems
- Has the confidence to architect the frontend system/solution for the business