One of the world's largest and most well-known diversified multinational entertainment and media conglomerates. Founded 100 years ago, the company has grown into a global powerhouse with a significant impact on the entertainment industry.
About the role
You will provide expert, practical, and commercial legal advice to Australia & NZ Consumer Products, Games & Publishing , Retail Marketing, and Parks & Experiences business units to support them in achieving their strategic and operational goals.
- Draft and negotiate key consumer products, merchandise, and publishing license agreements for major franchises.
- Ensure compliance with labor standards, product integrity, and relevant policies.
- Provide legal enforcement of contracts and manage territory distribution permission
- Advise on legal matters related to the online store and new retail business models.
- Develop consumer-facing terms of sale, refund policies, and ensure compliance with local consumer laws.
- Advise and negotiate key contracts for the retail marketing team.
- Handle partnership agreements, exhibition licenses, in-store brand activations, and live events.
- Manage agency agreements, competitions, trade promotions, promotional license agreements, and digital activations.
- Support the local marketing activities of Parks & Resorts
This position will suit a highly experienced IP and commercial Lawyer. Experience in an entertainment and media business or other brand and IP-driven business is highly desirable. Alternatively practitioners from IP specific firms or teams are encouraged to apply.
- Very strong technical legal skills in non-litigious intellectual property law and commercial contract law.
- Knowledge and experience of Australian and NZ consumer laws related to consumer-facing marketing activities.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
- High level of personal credibility and ability to engage directly with business partners.
- Strong negotiation and stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, identifying and managing legal, regulatory, and commercial risks.