Based in the south eastern suburbs, my client are a global FMCG company with a vast portfolio of brands. They have an exciting vacancy for a Senior Payroll Officer to join their team to assist with BAU Payroll duties as well as Project related tasks. Please note they work with a 3rd party and as such you will deal with the Finance team members as well as this 3rd party related payroll responsibilities and changes made through the various projects you will run.
This role would suit a candidate who is comfortable building relationships with various stakeholders, and who has previous experience working in payroll projects, while also handling BAU payroll duties.
The company itself are wonderful to work for and boast a collaborative team environment within their Finance Department, and have flexible working arrangements offered to staff, to support you in whichever way you best prefer to operate.
- Work for a global and well regarded company
- Flexible working arrangement in place
- Blended payroll position; BAU and Project duties
- Career growth supported
- Supportive environment
- Career growth opportunities through; the various payroll projects, projection of the team and payroll function.
Reporting into the Senior Financial Accounting Manager, you will be responsible for but not limited to;
- Process the weekly and monthly payroll (including the interpretation and application of various awards)
- Ensure relevant statutory documentation and payments are completed (superannuation, payroll tax, Work Cover and PAYG)
- Lead the month end process for payroll including reporting and journals
- Maintenance of work cover policies and declarations
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of systems and processes
- Payroll systems testings for any changes that have a direct impact to payroll processing
- Supporting the payroll projects including implementation
- Adhoc requests from Human Resources and Finance
- Strong technical and practical payroll skills ideally gained through working in a medium sized organisation with various awards.
- Strong attention to details and intermediate excel skills.
- Ability to navigate through complexities of award agreements and manual processes.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to deliver on goals .
- Strong and effective communication skills through all levels of the business.
- Customer focused approach and resilient to changing environments.
- Proven ability to work effectively autonomously as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders and advisors whilst promoting and supporting change.
- Ideally have had some exposure to the FMCG industry, but not essential
In reading the full description, should you possess the required skillset and are interested in pursuing this opportunity further please click on the link and follow the prompts. Alternatively should you wish to have a confidential discussion first, please contact Candace Page via email - Cpage@sharpandcarter.com.au