Based in the inner suburbs the successful candidate will be required to carry out the tasks listed below.
Project Reporting and Accounting:
- Production of work-in-progress reports for live projects in a timely manner
- Working closely with the management accounting team to produce monthly management reports
- Provision of information for production of annual departmental budgets, group balance sheet & cash flow
- Ad hoc reporting for Group & senior management team
- Production of regular variance reporting for Project Managers
- Divisional and Departmental support
- Provide support to divisional heads & Project Managers with regard to any financial issues on projects
My client is looking for an experienced Project Accountant or Management Accountant with strong systems skills and with a background in a large services based project environment such as construction, engineering. The suitable candidate will have the ability to take a project through from inception to completion from an accounts perspective. They will also be able to effectively manage the project managers involved in the projects, keeping a close eye on the costs and revenues for the projects.
You will need to be flexible in your approach, requiring a strong level of control and a keen eye for detail. Ideally you will have experience using a management information system to accurately record costs and values on projects. There will be challenges in this role and you will need to be able to look at and account for the problems that could arise and be aware of the implications of changes to the project on the final accounts.
About Our Client
Our client is one of Melbourne's largest developers with a strong growth trajectory as they focus on innovation with the aim of the best calibre of service delivery. It offers a friendly environment and a values based culture, and is well positioned for further growth.