Michelin is one of the world’s most iconic and trusted tyre brands. Michelin believes in people. Just as tyres are a complex blend of elements, so too are people. The company puts this belief into practice through creating and charting each individual's career path. At Michelin, you'll have the opportunity to let your talents and interests guide your career, provided you show passion and commitment to the challenge given.
The role of the Senior Tax Analyst is to support the tax compliance activities of Michelin Australia and drive the development, implementation and maintenance of robust taxation procedures, processes and controls throughout the region.
This is a unique opportunity to lead the tax function of an established and high performing multi-national. The role will have the ability to influence across multiple departments, locations as well as the commercial performance of the Michelin Australia business.
In addition, this role will also support corporate accounting activities, specifically to be responsible for the provision of sound financial and analytical advice to the Head of Finance and SLT.
- Assist the Country Tax Manager to ensure adequate business controls are maintained to ensure tax compliance
- Drive process improvement by identifying and implementing operational efficiencies and technology automation opportunities.
- Assist on all tax issues/audits/litigation relating to core taxes, working closely with the finance department
- Assist in preparation of income, FBT, payroll, GST and other tax returns
- Assist on the country transfer pricing and liaise with the ATO around APA renewals and maintenance.
- Support any special tax projects and assist on complex income tax advice matters
- Proactively follow up and update on any new tax/regulatory changes which includes transfer pricing.
Collegial in your style, you will be part of a high performance culture for the Michelin Australia finance function with a clear mandate to ensure a pragmatic approach to their tax accounting process is in place.
Your excellent technical tax accounting knowledge and proven ability to handle a large and varied workload within a deadline driven environment will see you succeed in this role.
You will be detail driven with a continuous improvement ethos and your exceptional communication skills will compliment your talent for interpreting and articulating complex information.
Other requirements include:
- Business/Commerce Degree (Accounting major preferred)
- Professional qualifications (CA/CPA)
- Minimum 4-5 yrs experience in a similar role within a large MNC and an upbringing in a Big 4/Mid-Tier environment is essential
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Andi Caragounis on 0475 748 219 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any third party or direct applications will be forwarded to Sharp & Carter for consideration.