Reporting to the Area Manager, the Centre Director will support the growth of this organisation’s largest operation in their portfolio. With the support of another Service Manager, Centre Administrator, and a talented team of educators, this position will offer a candidate a true leadership opportunity with the ability to grow and develop long-term within the organisation. Based in The Park at Canberra Airport, this state-of-the-art facility has parking on site and a strong community presence.
- Daily management of the childcare service in accordance with all relevant legislation, industry guidelines and company policies and procedures;
- Engage in a collaborative and partnership style of leadership by leading a strong culture of growth and positivity and providing 45 staff with opportunities for learning and professional development and ensuring achievements are rewarded and recognised;
- Support the embedding of a culture of learning and continuous improvement within the service, ensuring the adoption and execution of leadership plans, quality improvement plans, performance indicators and annual performance review processes;
- Keep up to date with changes in regulations and industry trends and communicate this information to staff and parents;
- Ensure that staff feel support and staff morale is maintained through effective leadership and coaching.
- Strong influencing and management skills with the ability to lead teams and be across daily operations, quality education, compliance, leadership and people;
- Demonstrated experience in a Service Manager, Centre Director, or Area Manager role;
- Bachelor’s Degree in early childhood teaching, or Diploma in Children’s Services accompanied with relevant experience;
- Demonstrated understanding and working knowledge of relevant early childhood developmental legislation, regulations, principles, theory and practice including National Quality Framework and Standards, early Years Learning Framework, State Kindergarten Guidelines and other relevant curriculum documents;
- Current Blue Card, First Aid and CPR, Anaphylaxis and Asthma Management.
With a proud history spanning over thirty years, this organisation has international presence with hundreds of centres operating across the world. In Australia, the company is expanding rapidly with new mergers and acquisitions in recent years. Due to this healthy and steady growth, the opportunity is now available for a talented Centre Director to have complete oversight and responsibility of the company’s larges Australian centre.
How to Apply
If your next move aligns with this position, please apply directly using the link below and attach an updated copy of your resume. For a confidential discussion around your career or more information on this role, please call Haylea Smith, Principal Consultant Human Resources on 0491 286 873. firstname.lastname@example.org