The Systems Engineer is responsible for supporting or conducting various system engineering activities as required for one or more projects, or for the development of the product, in accordance with associated plans, processes and procedures.
Our client is a global technology innovator they solve thousands of companies and organisation toughest mission-critical challenges by providing real time and mission critical solutions.
Depending on the project needs and their capabilities, their duties may include:
- Managing system requirements (performing requirements analysis, writing, traceability, documentation);
- Defining system design (creating system diagrams, interconnection diagrams, IP plans, dial plans, feature design documents as required);
- Conducting system tests (creating test procedures, conducting Production Acceptance Testing, Systems Integration Testing, Factory Acceptance Testing, Site Acceptance Testing);
- Hardware installation (assembly, racking, cabling) & dismantling in preparation for shipping;
- Software deployment & configuration;
- Integration of third party subsystems (e.g. radio and telephony interfaces, monitoring systems, recording systems);
- Producing product documentation and manuals;
- Providing end-user and end-maintainer training;
- Acting as the Lead Systems Engineer for one or more projects, i.e. conducting, overseeing or otherwise taking responsibility
- Provide suggestions to improve the system engineering process, where appropriate;
- Work within the financial and budgetary constraints of each assigned project;
- Bachelor of Engineering or similar degree, with relevant majors (ideally Electronics or Communications; otherwise Mechatronics, Biomedical or any other interdisciplinary majors that aid in understanding the Systems Engineering methodology and/or the relevant technologies listed below).
- Able to undergo and obtain Australian Defence security clearance to NV1.
- Computer aided drafting and design (e.g. creation of schematic and cabling diagrams);
- Electronics theory;
- DOORS or other requirements management tools;
- IP networks (deployment, configuring, troubleshooting);
- Telephony (VoIP, analog or digital);
- Linux, Windows operating systems;
- Voice Communications Systems;
- Serial (RS232, RS432);
- Virtual machines;
- Multi-domain systems or cybersecurity (cross domain solutions, firewalls, information assurance).
- Other less relevant but adjacent competencies such as programming/coding, electronics projects, ICT skills, hardware development, project management are also beneficial.
Apply now or contact Vincent Cote Boucher at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.