This newly appointed Systems Engineer will be working alongside the Solutions Architect to uplift the network infrastructure, move on-premises services to the cloud, whilst also focusing on cybersecurity measures and automation. You will be part of planning, installing and configuring upgrades across services and applications while assisting with design and specifications for project requirements.
The ideal candidate will have had 5+ years in a Systems Engineer position. You must have strong experience in networking infrastructure, virtualisation (VMware) and on-premises services. Experience in Azure, M365 and scripting automation is also a bonus.
- Collaborate in the club's digital transformation journey by uplifting and maintaining an IT architecture that aligns with strategic business goals and modernisation initiatives.
- Validate and configure the IT infrastructure and networking setup for new applications and software.
- Perform routine security and operating system patching to all systems.
- Plan, install and configure upgrades and implementation of new hardware, operating systems and applications.
- Manage backups and disaster recovery
- Validate the security aspects of IT infrastructure and network setups.
- Work closely with the IT Solutions Architect to ensure timely delivery of solutions.
- Script and automate routine tasks through PowerShell and Power Automate.
- Manage relationships with technology vendors and service providers
- Maintain accurate and detailed documentation of work instructions, internal processes and supplier evaluation records.
- A minimum of 5 years in a Systems Engineer role or similar.
- Experience in networking infrastructure and virtualisation (VMware)
- Proven experience in managing Microsoft Intune and Azure-based environments.
- Previous experience in writing and implementing PowerShell scripts for automation.
- Experience with IT auditing and compliance requirements.
- Demonstrable experience with IT service delivery and customer support
- Hands-on experience implementing cybersecurity best practices and measures.
Further details on the role in the full job description.
If you feel like this is a good match for your skill set, please click Apply today or email me your CV at email@example.com.