Sitting within Group Tax, this is a unique opportunity for you to broaden your experience in a industry leading Media organisation and gain an in-depth understanding of various aspects of the tax function and its practical application within a highly qualified and progressive team.
Reporting to the Head of Tax, you will be responsible for a diverse range of duties including stakeholder management, project involvement and implementing strategies. Other duties include (but are not limited to):
- Assistance to the Taxation Manager and wider Tax team in relation to all tax matters.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly BAS & IAS for the Group
- Completing other taxation compliance work as required.
- Preparation of tax effect accounting calculations in accordance with the AIFRS
- Completing general ledger reviews and reconciliations.
- Liaison with other divisions in relation to all taxation matters.
- Undertaking taxation review activities in the operating divisions.
- Assistance with research on advice to be provided to the operating divisions.
- Assistance in responding to audit activity by the Australian Taxation Office and Revenue Offices.
- Liaison with the Australian Taxation Office in relation to administrative matters.
Ideally you will be a commercial tax accountant from a large corporate or a qualified first-mover from a Big 4 / Mid Tier Chartered firm. You will have exceptional communication skills with the proven ability to influence & advise key stakeholders. You will be technically astute with a 'hands-on' methodology to completing your work.
Our client is an industry leading multinational Media organisation with an impressive portfolio.
- Close to public transport
- Mentorship & career development
- Friendly work environment
- Progressive, growing organisation
- Partial flexible working arrangements