Due to an internal move/secondment there now lies an opportunity for a Tax Manager to join this well-established organisation for an initial 3-month fixed term contract. Focusing on supporting the Asia Pac Tax Director, this role will proactively manage the tax compliance processes for the group, including taking ownership of preparation and lodgement of FBT and Monthly BAS. This is a role will also include stakeholder management both internally, externally, locally, and overseas, this is a key role within the organisation.
Reporting to the Asia Pacific Tax Director, the main duties will include:
- Preparation and lodgement of FBT returns
- Review and lodgement of monthly Business Activity Statements
- Preparation and lodgement of quarterly instalment activity statements, including PAYG instalments
- Review of payroll tax returns, including providing advice to payroll finance team
- Liaise with tax team within the Shared Services Centre based overseas
- Assist Tax Director on income tax return preparation, as and when required
- Assist with external tax reviews
- Operate as a trusted advisor to the business and Shared Services Centre
- Provide timely, accurate and succinct advice that communicates the core issues in an effective manner
- Take ownership of tax compliance processes and identify ways of improving the efficiency/lower the cost of those processes utilising the Shared Services Centre and automation where possible
The successful applicant will possess
We are looking for an exceptional individual who has previous commercial experience as a Tax Manager, who is able to demonstrate the capability of proactively managing tax compliance processes with a particular focus on FBT and BAS. You will be a strong communicator, who possess the ability to work to deadlines and be a self-starter who is able to work autonomously. An accounting qualification (ACA / CPA / CIMA) is essential. The ability to start immediately or at short notice is preferred.
About the Client
Our client is a leading player within their industry, both locally and overseas. The company is constantly seeking ways of improving and growing and can offer a great working environment and the opportunity to work within a high calibre team and board. Potential of a long term or permanent opportunity for the right person.
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Leigh Jones at email@example.com