Due to organic growth and acquisition there now lies an opportunity for a Tax Manager to join this ASX listed, well-established organisation on a temp to perm basis. Focusing on supporting the Global Head of Tax, this role will proactively manage the tax compliance processes for the group, including taking ownership of preparation and lodgement of FBT and Monthly BAS. This is a role will also include stakeholder management both internally, externally, locally, and overseas, this is a key role within the organisation.
Reporting to the Global Director of Tax, the main duties will include:
- Preparation of AU consolidated income tax return & all associated schedules (including Thin capitalization, International Dealings Schedule, TOFA disclosures, CFC disclosures).
- Work with Director of Taxation in dealings with overseas subsidiaries and coordinating high level taxation reviews and ensuring tax compliance on overseas subsidiaries and tax effect accounting balances.
- Preparation of tax effect accounting entries for subsidiary members & at a consolidated level including origination of statements of taxable income, reconciliation of balances of Deferred Tax Asset, Deferred Tax Liability and Provision for tax. Analytics of balances and movements and ASX note disclosures.
- Oversight of the Australian BAS returns, including implementation of improvement procedures, ensuring tax invoice compliance, GST controls management. Support Director of taxation on ad hoc GST advice across all stakeholders including new products / new financial service offerings.
- Assist on the taxation administration on a Group basis – including any oversight of tax payments calculations and reporting, non-resident withholding reporting and payments. Management of the tax compliance and tax risk registers.
- Assist Director of Tax in their liaison with the Company’s tax advisors on technical issues pertaining to the Group and various compliance matters.
- Supporting business operating units on taxation matters (incl. GST, income tax, withholding).
We are looking for an exceptional individual who has previous commercial experience as a Tax Manager, who is able to demonstrate the capability of proactively managing tax compliance processes with a particular focus on FBT and BAS. You will be a strong communicator, who possesses the ability to work to deadlines and be a self-starter who is also able to work autonomously. An accounting qualification (ACA / CPA is essential, with a tax accreditation an advantage. A background within Financial Services or Banking is advantageous. The ability to start immediately or at short notice is preferred.
About the Client
Our client is a leading player within their industry, both locally and overseas. The company is experiencing constantly seeking ways of improving and growing and can offer a great working environment and the opportunity to work within a high calibre team and board. Potential of a long term or permanent opportunity for the right person.
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Leigh Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org