Our client is an established ASX organisation that provides extensive services to the engineering, utilities, mining and energy industries on a large scale. They have enjoyed a period of sustained growth (both organic and acquisitions) and are looking to continue to expand their service offering into new locations and industries.
The role of the Tax Manager is to support the tax compliance activities of the Australian business and drive the development, implementation and maintenance of robust taxation procedures, processes and controls throughout the region.
The role will have the ability to influence multiple departments, locations as well as the commercial performance of the Australian business.
In addition, this role will also support corporate accounting activities, specifically to be responsible for the provision of sound financial and analytical advice to the CFO and Group Finance Manager.
- Manage tax compliance activities and provide tax advice associated with all state and federal taxes, including income tax, transfer pricing, goods and services tax, fringe benefits tax, PAYG instalments, payroll tax, employee share schemes, stamp duty and withholding tax
- Prepare income tax returns, including managing the tax return review process with external tax advisors
- Communicate relevant tax changes and provide technical training for the business units
- Identify scope for continuous improvement in gathering data and in completing all existing state and federal administered taxes
- Tax effect accounting - Responsibility for undertaking, managing and developing tax effect accounting, including fulfilling all monthly management and yearly statutory reporting disclosures
- Business partnering with various group functions and Business units to complete tax compliance tasks
- Ensure all tax reports are correct, on time and delivered to appropriate stakeholders for review and dissemination
Collegial in your style, you will be part of a high performance culture for the Australian finance function with a clear mandate to ensure a pragmatic approach to their tax accounting process is in place.
Your excellent technical tax accounting knowledge and proven ability to handle a large and varied workload within a deadline driven environment will see you succeed in this role.
You will be detail driven with a continuous improvement ethos and your exceptional communication skills will compliment your talent for interpreting and articulating complex information.
How To Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Haydn Glass on 0413 908 573.