Our client is a leader in the Education industry and are currently going through extensive technical enhancements and exciting changes. They are a business that is well regarded in the Melbourne market and is a house-hold name. They are currently looking for Database Administrator/Developer to drive and build capability.
The Database Administrator/Developer is member of the ICT Applications Support & Development Team and also works closely with the members of the Infrastructure Support.
The incumbent will participate in Database Administration & Maintenance, Database Development including Data Warehouse databases, and the ongoing support and upgrades of the Institute’s e-learning and e-business systems including Student Enrolment, HR, Payroll, Web Interfaces and a wide range of other systems supporting administration, teaching and learning.
- Substantial experience with SQL and Oracle Server databases encompassing installation (database creations/configurations and loads), development, design and administration.
- Some experience with Oracle databases and relevant Oracle tools.
- Experience in optimising databases; solid understanding of referential integrity and the use of indexes and tools for monitoring and tuning SQL performance, in-depth knowledge and experience with SQL, PL/SQL queries, stored procedures, triggers, SSIS.
- Experience with database design, data modelling, normalisation, integration, implementation, security and architecture
- Strong foundation and understanding of Data Analysis, Dimensional Modelling and OLAP, data mining, data warehouse, and data marts.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex technical and business environment with a strong focus on service delivery to customers and to adapt to a constantly changing business environment and culture.