Gladstone Area Water Board is a commercial Statutory Authority constituted under the Water Act 2000 whose purpose is to supply bulk water in bulk to major consumers in the Gladstone Region. Gladstone Area Water Board manages a variety of assets ranging from major water storage through to pump stations, pipelines, storage tanks and water treatment plants. It takes measures to protect the quantity and quality of present and future water supplies and provides, operates and maintains recreational facilities and fish fingerling production facilities and stocking programs. The organisation is committed to the local and hands-on relationships with their customers and community to drive continued innovation. The company’s vision is to deliver safe and reliable water services to enhance the livability of the region.
Sharp & Carter are proud to partner with Gladstone Area Water Board to source their Health & Safety Manager. The organisation is on a journey of cultural transformation and requires a Health & Safety Manager who enjoys a varied role encompassing both hands-on and strategic elements. Whilst there is a compliance component to the role, the Health & Safety Manager must be effective in influencing broader organizational change and safety behaviours across the business.
- Lead the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of the safety management system across the business including policies, procedures, manuals and practices, and electronic reporting platforms;
- As a valued business partner, provide advice, information, instruction and training to staff and contractors on Work Health & Safety obligations, the safety management system, and relevant guidelines and legislative requirements;
- Monitor, measure and report to Executive Leadership Team and the Board on safety management system and work health and safety matters;
- Perform the Return to Work Coordinator (RTW) function on behalf of GAWB including employee support, investigations and workers’ compensation;
- Foster strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and be the trusted leader to drive change and maintain a strong ‘safety first’ organizational culture;
- Support the operational managers by ensuring a safety first culture to prevent potential risk, and also support investigations, near misses, breaches or breaches in safety processes and procedures.
- Relevant qualifications within Workplace Health & Safety combined with a Cert IV in Training & Assessment;
- Demonstrated experience as a Workplace Health & Safety leader for a Government owned corporation, local Government corporation, or utilities company;
- Strong communicator and approachable character who can work independently and collaboratively in teams to ensure messaging is communicated across the business in a clear manner;
- Management experience of Safety Advisor professionals and a collaborative leadership nature who can engage and motivate small teams;
- Ability to think on feet and easily identify areas for improvement and effect quick change and engagement at all levels within a medium sized enterprise.
If your next move aligns with this position, please apply directly using the link below and attach an updated copy of your resume. For a confidential discussion, please call Haylea Smith – Principal Consultant on 0491 286 873 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.