An opportunity has become available for a Finance Officer to join a reputable and culture-focused organisation in a full-time contract for an initial three month period with review for extension.
Reporting to the Accountant, you will be responsible for providing full function financial support to the department while ensuring the team meet all financial management and compliance requirements. This role will allow you to perform accounts payable and accounts receivable process including invoice processing, reporting, reconciliations, debtor management, month-end processes, etc.
This position is an integral role in the finance function and requires an organised, passionate and skilled Finance Officer. Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Full function accounts payable and accounts receivables support.
- Support end of month and year financial processes, including preparing monthly accruals and reconciliations of the general ledger, generating recurring and prepayment documents and preparing monthly reports.
- Maintain monthly cashbook and corporate card reconciliation processes, including reviewing and analysing expenditure, and investigating potential errors.
- Undertake master data change/creation processes, including domestic and international payment processes.
- Prepare and maintain various registers and reporting activities.
Skills & Experience
As the suitable candidate for this position, you will hold prior relevant and recent experience across accounts and finance.
In addition, you will also:
- High attention to detail;
- Adaptive communication style to ensure an open, professional and friendly manner to all levels within the organisation;
- Flexible work approach to meet the varying demands of an ever-changing and high volume accounting environment;
- Positive and friendly work ethic;
- Experience with Excel and experience with large ERP systems.
Sharp & Carter are proud to partner with a reputable organisation for the recruit of a Finance Officer in a full-time contract position. The department is located in the Brisbane CBD and offer a fun and dynamic environment.
You will apply your strong accounting and finance skills in a thriving team environment and be an integral member of the function. You will continue to grow your accounting skills in a friendly and supportive team. It is a fantastic time to join a thriving and values-driven business.
How to Apply
Sharp & Carter often have a range of positions available that may not yet be advertised. If you feel this opportunity is interesting yet not quite right, then we recommend still putting in an application or sending your CV directly to the email address below. That way we can contact you to find out more about your career goals and aspirations, and we will ensure you stay updated and aware of exciting new vacancies in the market.
For more information about this opportunity, please call Antonia Teale for a confidential discussion on the details below.
0491 257 346