About the role
An exciting immediate start opportunity within a global FMCG organisation currently exists in order to fill a key role in their finance team. Taking a hands-on approach, this Accountants' position will help assist various departments within the organisation with their fixed assets requirements and assist with the planning, implementation and success of initiatives/projects. Initially, this role will commence as a long-term 12 month contract however has the genuine opportunity to transition into a permanent role following this.
Reporting into the Finance Manager, your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to);
The successful applicant will have
- Management and control of the fixed asset registers across the Group including day-to-day transactions and reporting
- Track the compilation of project costs into asset accounts, and close out those accounts once the related projects have been completed
- Support the month-end process for various divisions, corporate cost centres and related parties
- Supporting the wider finance team with various continuous improvement initiatives / projects
- Create and monitor a system of controls, procedures and forms for the recordation of assets
- Support quarterly forecast & annual operating plans / budget process (P&L, Balance Sheet & Capex)
- Assist the Manager in other areas of Financial Accounting and Assets as required
- Ad-hoc work / projects as required
Ideally, you will be a fully CA/CPA qualified accounting professional or studying towards, and will possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills as your ability to interact and engage cross functionally within the business will be crucial to your success. Additionally, you will have strong Microsoft Excel skills, had experience working in a complex & dynamic environment and possess a positive "can-do" work ethic.
About the client
Our client is a global FMCG organisation. They have a strong track record of growth, have been identified as an "employer of choice" in the industry and possess a diverse portfolio of 'famous household' brands.
How to apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Jamie Burgess on 0439 014 028 or at email@example.com, quoting Ref No JB6237.