Based in the South East of Melbourne, our client offers an extensive product and service portfolio within the aviation industry, servicing on a global scale. They are well traversed in end-to-end operations within the industry and a passion to provide logistical innovation. They present a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to take control of the Payables and Receivables processes and influence performance within the ANZ division.
About the role
Reporting directly into the accountant and working closely with the Financial Controller, the Accounts Officer is a key member of the Finance Team and engaged with the task of owning and driving the Payable & Receivable processes and being the first point of contact for inbound calls from customers and suppliers. your responsibilities would include but not limited to:
- End-to-end AP including processing invoices, matching against purchase orders, vendor payments, remittance advices, credit applications and responding to vendor queries
- End-to-end AR including debtor collections, reconciliations, credit applications, responding to customer queries, follow-up and escalation of disputes
- Setting up and managing Supplier and Customer Accounts in the system
- Bank reconciliation and posting Bank transactions to the General Ledger
- Managing Company credit cards, tracking status, reconciling, and posting entries to the
- Processing Employee expense claims
- Managing business accounts with specific vendors
- Completing month-end tasks and processes
- Balance sheet reconciliations for receivables, payables and other assigned accounts.
- Providing ad hoc support as required, including support to the Administrative team
The successful candidate will possess a team first attitude and the ability to be adaptive in an environment of frequent changes and system innovation. You will possess a strong organisational focus and proficiency across the Microsoft Suite applications (particularly Excel), with ideally 3 years previous experience within a similar a role.
- Generous remuneration package
- Working from home flexibility
- On-site car parking
- Vibrant and collaborative culture
- Job security within a secure and niche market