Our client is a renowned organisation within their industry. Due to recent acquisitions, a newly created opportunity for an Accounts Payable Officer has presented itself to join their friendly and supportive team in South Melbourne. This is a 3 - 6 month temporary assignment with potential view to permanency.
Reporting directly into the Accounts Payable Manager, and working within a large accounts payable team, your daily tasks will include;
- Full function accounts payable - processing invoices and payments via EFT and cheque
- Match invoices against purchase orders and ensure payments to suppliers are made within agreed credit terms.
- Process staff reimbursements as well as set up and maintain supplier details
- Prepare weekly payment runs with supporting documentation for approval
- Supplier statement reconciliations (to be completed monthly)
- Liaise with suppliers and staff as necessary to resolve issues and queries.
- Monitor Accounts Payable email and action or distribute invoices as necessary
- End of month processing including reconciliation of the accounts payable ledger to the general ledger and compilation of accrual information
Skills and Experience
- Prior experience in a similar Accounts Payable position
- Ability to work proficiently in a high volume environment
- Positive and vibrant personality
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Chris Belegrinos on 0422 162 015, quoting Ref No. 878472