Sharp & Carter have partnered with a large client in the Brisbane inner city suburbs to recruit a temporary Assistant Accountant to commence immediately to support a project delivery. Reporting to the Project Manager/Accountant, you will be responsible for assisting with all project and accounting functions required for the project implementation. You will be an integral member of the project and be supported and challenged throughout.
- Creation of accounting policies and procedures associated with the project as guided by the Project Accountants and Project Manager;
- Creation and management of various financial spreadsheets and reports associated with the project;
- Process mapping as guided by the Project Accountants;
- Assisting with the processing of such accounting transactions as reporting, invoicing, month-end processes, reconciliations etc.
- Support the development of the invoicing processes for the project;
- Ad hoc Assistant Accountant duties as required by the project.
Skills and Experience
- Experience as an Assistant Accountant reviewing and recommending policies and procedures;
- Advanced Microsoft skills, particularly with Excel (macros, modeling);
- Experience with foreign currencies advantageous;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to liaise confidently with colleagues;
- High attention to detail and level of accuracy while working in a fast-paced environment;
- Financial qualifications - CPA or CA desirable.
Due to an exciting project, this organisation is seeking the talents of an Assistant Accountant to assist their project management and delivery. The temporary assignment will allow you to grow your project accounting skills in a friendly and supportive team environment. Based in the inner Brisbane suburbs, this role requires the ideal candidate to commence immediately for a duration of two-three months.
How to Apply
If this position aligns with your next career move, please apply directly using the link below and attach an updated copy of your resume. For more information about this opportunity, please call Antonia Teale - Principal Consultant Accounting Clerical for a confidential discussion.
0491 257 346