The Assistant Accountant is a member of the Finance Team reporting to the Finance Manager. The role is responsible for producing financial reports, ensuring integrity of the general ledger and using their knowledge of data and process to identify opportunities for process improvement
- Assemble, analyse and summarise data to facilitate the preparation and presentation of financial reports.
- Develop and leverage detailed system and process knowledge to reconcile general ledger accounts.
- Support the preparation of the annual Fringe Benefits Tax return, company tax returns, GST and Withholding Tax returns.
- Provide creative, workable alternatives and recommendations to improve efficiency.
- Manage daily/weekly cashflow reporting and reconciliation of foreign currency bank accounts.
- Review and evaluate the effectiveness of current processes and provide recommendations that will drive business productivity improvements.
- Gain and update job knowledge to remain informed about technical developments and advancements.
- Studying or recently completed CPA/CA
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a finance role is desirable;
- Comprehensive knowledge of basic accounting (tertiary level);
- Proficient in financial reporting systems within and ERP environment;
- Experience in working with large volumes of data and performing analysis of data to produce insights;
- Willingness to work in a demanding and fast paced work environment;