Our client is looking for a strong Assistant Accountant to join their accounting team, on a permanent full-time or part-time basis. The role and the business is suited to someone who has strong attention to detail, excellent communication skills, a positive attitude and is looking for exposure to various accounting principles. This role is located in Melbourne inner south-east suburbs.
Reporting to and providing key support to the CEO your key responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Assist with the finalisation of month-end and year-end accounts, including reconciliations, journals and reporting;
- Assist with the preparation and lodgement of BAS’ and other statutory reporting requirements;
- Provide support to Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Payroll;
- Maintaining and managing the fixed asset register;
- Other ad-hoc tasks as required.
- Strong attention to detail, analytical approach to your work and strong communication skills are essential;
- Past experience or a keen eye for process improvement;
- Exceptional communication skills across all stakeholder levels.
A cover letter is not required to be considered for this role.