An exceptional opportunity has become available for an Assistant Accountant to join a reputable and culture-focused organisation located on the Gold Coast in a permanent full-time position.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will be responsible for supporting the finance division with the day-to-day accounting responsibilities including reporting, compliance and month-end processes. This role allows you to work in a fast-paced and growing organisation while offering you a challenging yet rewarding opportunity. Your leaders will encourage your growth and professional development to ensure the success of your finance career. Your prior accounting experience, strong understanding of accounting principles and your drive for excellence will ensure you have a long and successful career with your new employer.
This position is an integral role in the finance team and requires a motivated and driven Assistant Accountant. Your key responsibilities will include, however are not limited to:
- Financial accounting focus with end of month accounting responsibilities;
- Journal entries, accruals, prepayments;
- Assisting with preparation of statutory accounts - GST, FBT, PAYG;
- End of month reporting and compliance work;
- Ad hoc assistant accountant duties as required by the Financial Controller.
Skills and Experience
As the suitable candidate for this position, you will hold prior relevant and recent experience as an Assistant Accountant. In addition, you will also:
- Experience as an Assistant Accountant with a fast-paced business environment;
- Tertiary qualifications in finance and accounting and a drive to complete (or completion) of CPA or CA;
- Experience with reporting, reconciliations and month-end processing;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to liaise confidently with colleagues;
- High attention to detail and level of accuracy while working in a fast-paced environment;
- Highly literate with Excel.
Sharp & Carter are proud to partner with a reputable organisation for the appointment of an Assistant Accountant in a permanent full-time position. The organisation is located on the Gold Coast with parking available onsite.
You will grow your accounting skills in a friendly and supportive team environment alongside inspiring and motivational leaders. The organisation are growing, therefore it is a fantastic time to join a thriving and values-driven business.
How to Apply
Sharp & Carter often have a range of payroll positions available that may not yet be advertised. If you are feel this opportunity is interesting yet not quite right, then we recommend still putting in an application or sending your CV directly to the email address below. That way we can contact you to find out more about your career goals and aspirations, and we will ensure you stay updated and aware of exciting new vacancies in the market.
For more information about this opportunity, please call Antonia Teale for a confidential discussion on the details below.
Principal Consultant - Business & Accounting Support
0491 257 346