Reporting to the CEO, the CFO is responsible for managing LaunchVic’s financial resources and IT systems and will be primarily responsible for LaunchVic’s budgeting and control, general ledger management, financial reporting, IT services, and support the CEO in the management of specific high profile investment projects of the organisation.
The role will include contributing strategically to the company through the development of strategic and corporate plans, and the development of systems that support LaunchVic’s operations. The successful candidate will work closely with the CEO, the Company Secretary, Board and LaunchVic Executive Team.
- To develop, execute and maintain an overall performance strategy for the Finance, IT and Corporate Administration functions
- Provision of timely and accurate statutory reporting and external compliance requirements
- Provision of timely and accurate management information and analysis to the Executive Leadership Team and the Board in relation to budgets, financial performance, economic evaluation and general financial analysis
- Responsibility for the integrity of financial procedure, processes and methodology used throughout the organisation
- Manage and maintain the cash flow and investment function of the organisation in accordance with prudential guidelines
- Ensure the implementation of the financial plan and report to the Board in a timely manner on any deviations from the plan or any parameters established by the Board
- Oversee and attend to the day to day financial and accounting affairs of LaunchVic
- Ensure appropriate financial, accounting and auditing policies and procedures are developed, maintained, approved and disclosed
- Management of the payroll function
Skills and Experience
You are CA/CPA qualified and have compiled an impressive track record and reputation as a high achieving finance leader. You have highly developed technical accounting skills and commercial acumen, along with proven experience managing complex and high-level stakeholder relationships. You are a big picture thinker who is able to reason at a conceptual level and drive change, while still maintaining strong attention to detail and a hands-on approach.
Crucially, you are a natural leader with a high degree of integrity and professionalism, a “can do” attitude, and are comfortable with autonomy, ambiguity and adaptability. Equally, you have the confidence and credibility to engage effectively and build relationships at Board level, and with senior executives and operational stakeholders.
- Strong organisational reputation with an exciting mission
- Collaborative and friendly working environment
- Genuine work-life balance
- Attractive remuneration (including salary packaging) and benefits
About the Organisation
LaunchVic is Victoria’s startup agency, established by the Victorian Government in March 2016 as an independent agency responsible for growing the State’s startup ecosystem to strengthen our economy, creating the jobs of the future. Through our work we are: driving improvements in the startup investment landscape; developing the angel investor and early-stage venture capital market in Victoria; supporting programs that build founder, investor, and talent capabilities; and increasing the understanding and awareness of Victoria’s startup ecosystem.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Harley Thomas on 0413 564 625. Note that all direct and third-party applications will be forwarded to Sharp & Carter for consideration.