Barry and Suzi Carp established River Capital in 1996 with the objective of finding great investment opportunities that would create value for those close – to their family, friends, and colleagues. This small group of value-aligned investors has grown since inception, but one thing that remains unchanged is their commitment to and recognition of the power of compounding, and its ability to create wealth over the long term for all.
Throughout their 25-year journey, they have used market dislocations to broaden their scope, capitalising on a range of opportunities from domestic bonds, to a series of bespoke public and private equity and debt deals with varying capital growth and income objectives.
River Capital’s decades of experience identifying opportunities globally, across public and private, and equity and debt markets gives them a unique perspective on investing. The companies that they invest in value their long-term wealth creation mindset and the deep expertise that exists in the broader River community.
Current funds under management are approximately $1 billion, with around a quarter of that owned by the families, staff, and our closest associates of River Capital. Demonstrating that at the heart of River Capital is community.
Reporting directly to the CEO, your role will be a broad one requiring you to be 'hands-on' and in the detail, but also a strong commercial business partner to the leadership team and board. You will be principally responsible for leading the accounting function and for ensuring effective controls and accurate reporting to support commercial decision-making.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Team Management including mentoring and staff development
- Working closely with the CEO and Board to deliver reports, analysis findings, potential risk areas and forecast opportunities
- Preparation of timely and accurate financial statements and annual reports
- High-level financial reporting and analysis, including measuring company performance against external and internal benchmarks
- Managing the annual budget and regular forecast processes
- Ensuring compliance with statutory law, taxation, and financial regulations
- Improving efficiencies and reducing costs across the business
- Improve financial literacy across the organisation
Influential and collegial in your style, you will manage and drive a high-performance culture for the finance function and ensure there is a holistic approach to accounting services. To this end, it is essential that you can engage and influence key stakeholders across all levels. You will have an ability to balance your detail-driven personality with the capacity to understand the bigger picture and your exceptional communication skills will compliment your talent for interpreting and articulating complex information.
Other requirements include:
- CA/CPA qualified
- Extensive experience as a hands-on CFO / FC / Head of Finance in small to medium-sized businesses
- Experience in Big 4 / Mid-Tier / Family Offices or Private Equity environments will be highly favourable
- You will be a proven leader with demonstrated success in driving high-performing teams
- An in-depth technical understanding combined with demonstrated strategic and commercial awareness
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Haydn Glass on firstname.lastname@example.org
Any third-party or direct applications will be forwarded to Sharp & Carter for consideration.