Barnardos Australia is one of Australia’s leading children’s social care agencies, focused on building relationships between children, young people, their families, and the community. The Barnardos Vision is to empower every child in Australia to reach their full potential. Over the next 5 years, Barnardos commits to supporting more vulnerable children to thrive through effective evidence-informed and research-based programs.
The organisation is on a journey of positive change to deliver improved services and programs; part of this journey is to engage a leading executive-level finance professional based at the head office in Ultimo.
Reporting to the CEO, a key member of the Executive Leadership Team and supporting the Board, you will be responsible for leading the finance, IT, and corporate services portfolio teams of Barnardos. Your responsibilities will include:
- Financial stewardship and governance, including budgeting, forecasting, reporting and commercial insight ensuring quality strategic planning decisions
- Oversee the organisation’s risk and audit program
- Prepare and strategically participate in Board meetings and Executive Leadership Team meetings
- Lead transformational change and continuous improvement in finance, IT, and corporate services, in line with Barnardos’ strategic direction
- Attract, develop, engage, and lead a portfolio team of 30+ people
- Ensure successful delivery of strategic initiatives and projects through a business partnering model
CA / CPA qualified, you will be a board-exposed leader with your extensive experience honed in a senior finance position leading a multifunctional team and with acquired commercial acumen from a NFP / For Purpose environment. You are a change manager, and comfortable with transformation work who can support several projects concurrently and can effectively work with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders. Further, you will be a passionate leader of people from a nurturing, development, and communication perspective. In return, you will have the opportunity to be part of a community leading organisation, engage in the strategic decision-making process and be rewarded for your hard work through a positive company culture and attractive remuneration package plus benefits.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Damien Miller on 0499 700 077 or firstname.lastname@example.org