Due to an internal move, our client is seeking a Commercial Analyst on an initial fixed term period of 12 months and will be responsible for providing commercial expertise to the business with a focus on strategic planning, analysis and business partnering.
Working within a very modern, and dynamic environment, you will assist and support the General Manager, with exposure to the C-Level leadership team, providing insights and recommendations to improve business performance. The role will see the individual take ownership of analysis of Sales and Cost metrics and making recommendations for operational improvement.
Reporting to the Head of Commercial, the main duties will include:
- Support General Managers and operational teams to drive growth and operating efficiency, ensuring decisions are commercial and fact-based.
- Use of modelling and scenario analysis to test outcomes and make recommendations to drive improvement.
- Drive the outlined strategic initiatives within the division to ensure revenue and profit growth.
- Support General Managers in external negotiations and business review preparations through dynamic scenario testing and modelling. Attend external meetings where required.
- Ensure alignment of operations to company strategic objectives. Use of data to gain insights into how to improve performance and maximise growth.
- Lead in the direction and development of financial plans including budgeting and forecasting for the short and long term, supported by key stakeholders such and finance and FP&A teams.
- Review with the preparation of monthly P&Ls and proactively challenge outcomes vs expectations.
- Maintain close working relationships with broader commercial team to deliver optimum brand performance (e.g., retail & ecommerce).
- Deliver on cost minimisation and cost control strategies in all key areas to support future growth and profit objectives, including investment reviews such as cost of doing business analysis by customer.
- Prepare and/or assure valuation analysis of a variety of major investment decisions and/or to support commercial negotiations.
- Business case preparation and presentation to support investments and growth strategies (e.g., new product launches, operational improvements, investments in wholesale customers etc.).
- Maintain strong relationships with the key stakeholders to ensure a united approach towards common financial objectives.
- Drive consistency and efficiency in use and production of business tools and reporting across channels.
- Implement processes and procedures to manage performance against budgeted expenditure.
- Collaborate with and coordinate diverse teams (marketing, sales, customer service, finance, planning etc.).
- Drive process and operational improvements, focused on consistent methodologies.
- Active participation in key projects as directed by the corporation.
- Provide commercial support to the strategic planning process
We are seeking an exceptional individual who has held a senior finance business partnering role or Category Analyst or Senior Commercial Analyst within a complex organisation. You will be a strong communicator and influencer, with the credibility and gravitas to be able to positively influence management decisions. ACA / CPA / CIMA qualification is essential. Prior experience within one of the following industries in Retail/Apparel/FMCG/Cosmetic/Pharma is preferred.
About the Client
Our client is a leader nationally with growing exposure overseas. Private Equity owned, they are experiencing growth year on year and are widely recognised as a potential employer of choice. With a focused on long-term career and professional development, there is a real chance of a permanent opportunity available for the right person.
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Leigh Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org