Based in Melbourne, Akesa Pharma is an independent pharmaceutical wholesaler specialising in the supply of commercially registered pharmaceutical products for the use in clinical trials. Australia is considered one of the leading clinical trial destinations in the APAC region, if not the world, with Akesa Pharma going from strength to strength since its inception in 2014. Since then, it has quickly established itself as a genuine leader in this market, locally and internationally.
Under the direction of the General Manager and working closely with the Senior Leadership Team, this role is responsible for reporting on, monitoring, evaluating and making recommendations on the financial and commercial performance of the Akesa Pharma business. This is a unique opportunity to drive, execute and influence the performance of a growing, fast-paced and high performing organisation.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Perform industry and business level analysis to support the pursuit of new business growth opportunities
- Provide commercial support to the General Manager and Account Executives (Sales)
- Work with Management Team to advise, model and support decision-making on strategic initiatives, investments, resourcing, risk and return to ensure completion of strategic objectives
- Assess, track and report on those initiatives
- Develop business metrics / KPI’s and support the analysis and interpretation of those metrics /KPI’s
- Review and oversee financial reports before final distribution
- Assess and support Foreign Exchange requirements
- Work with Management Team in leading excellence and continuous improvement in financial and commercial outcomes, reporting and insights
- Design, implement and continually refine ERP for accurate forecasting, budgeting and management reporting
- Effectively lead and manage the Finance function
Influential and collegial in your style, you will manage and drive a high-performance culture for the commercial finance function. To this end, it is essential that you can engage and influence key stakeholders across all levels. You will have an ability to balance your detail-driven personality with the capacity to understand the bigger picture and your exceptional communication and analytical skills will compliment your talent for interpreting and articulating complex information.
Other requirements include:
- CA/CPA qualified
- Previous analytical, commercial and / or business partnering experience is a must
- Experience in Pharmaceutical, FMCG or wholesale environments will be highly favourable
- You will be a proven leader with demonstrated success in driving high performing teams
- Strong systems experience (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) is an absolute essential
This is an exciting opportunity for a high-performing and ambitious finance professional that thrives working in a growing fast-paced environment.
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Any third party or direct applications will be forwarded to Sharp & Carter for consideration.