At Development Victoria, we’re passionate about making Victoria a great place to be. We create vibrant places across our state, through diverse and strategic property development and urban renewal projects. As the Victorian Government’s development arm, we revitalise iconic public buildings, create important cultural and recreational facilities and recycle public land, for all Victorians. We build great homes and communities where people and business can thrive, catering for different budgets, lifestyles and people.
As our cities and communities change and grow, we breathe new life into urban areas, unlock public land and create entire new precincts. We’re redeveloping city centres from Wodonga to Dandenong and creating office space for thousands of workers in Bendigo and Ballarat. We revive well-loved public buildings and redevelop Victorian icons, so you can keep enjoying them for years to come – like Melbourne Park, Flinders Street Station and the State Library. We work with industry leaders in design and construction to bring our projects to life, for the Victorian community.
Reporting into the Commercial Director – your primary purpose will be to provide commercial finance support as trusted business partner to the Precincts and Strategy business units.
Responsible for influencing decisions that drive better commercial and strategic outcomes and for enhancing the financial literacy and commercial acumen of the business.
Includes supporting the Strategy Group with acquisition opportunities and the Precinct Group with the delivery of large scale developments in partnership with the private sector. As embedded finance resource required to provide objective decision support and critically evaluate opportunities with delivery teams.
Furthermore you will be asked (but not be limited to):
- Provide financial modelling, scenario analysis, business case and strategic decision support services to project teams.
- Analyse a range of information to evaluate business performance and facilitate profitable growth balancing short and long term considerations.
- Provide insights into how to improve performance and identify opportunities to maximise business and project outcomes.
- Linkage between project and DV portfolio perspectives on financial capability/consequence and policy investment opportunities.
- Provide assistance, support and guidance on all commercial issues within the projects and translates the financial consequences and considerations.
- Manage forecasting and budgeting processes for a portfolio of projects, business units and funds.
- Project and divisional management reporting including variance analysis and commentary on financial and non-financial metrics and trend analysis.
- Process guidance to project teams.
- Month-end financial close responsibilities for projects and divisions including revenue and cost of sales entries as well as balance sheet reconciliations.
- Champion risk management and identification processes.
CA / CPA qualified, you will have come from the property industry and have a strong commercial background. With strong modelling skills, you will enjoy building broad relationships across the business as a true business partner and be willing to roll up your sleeves. You will have a passion for development and making our state a better place and for the communities within it.
How to Apply
To apply, please follow the appropriate links otherwise please contact David Petrou at firstname.lastname@example.org.