The main purpose of the Compliance & Risk Officer is to ensure that the organisation meets their obligations, ensuring they are reflected in policy, practice and are enduring in nature. You will coordinate with managers to ensure that they meet the legislative and regulatory compliance obligations relevant to their work area and are in line with the compliance calendar.
- Monitor and maintain the organisation’s risk register, and working with key stakeholders to identify and implement appropriate mitigation strategies that minimise risks to within the organisation’s risk appetite;
- Coordinate the onboarding of contractors and ensure they hold appropriate qualifications, licences, permits, insurances, Working with Children Checks and Vaccinations prior to commencing work on site;
- Support the Facilities, Operations Manager and Grounds Supervisor to ensure the statutory compliance of facilities, plant, equipment, tools and operating credentials of staff is maintained and current;
- Monitor the control measures from risk assessments are being effectively implemented, and provide reviews and feedback on effectiveness;
- Work with the Leadership Team and Managers to coordinate the review and implementation of all workplace policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Demonstrated experience as a Compliance & Risk Officer or related role;
- Experience in administering compliance frameworks against operational and legislative needs;
- Demonstrated experience in internal auditing practice and the ability to coordinate with internal stakeholders;
- Un understanding of legislative and regulatory environment for relevant work areas including Transport, Child Protection, Working with Children Checks;
- Working knowledge of reviewing and implementing policies and guidelines.
Our client is known for their rich history in delivering high level educational services to Queenslanders. A beautiful place to work, the environment is one which prospers success by working hard ad behaving honourably to ensure exceptional outcomes for their customers. This is a newly created position within the business and will be an integral part of the head office team, working closely with the senior leadership team and a variety of stakeholders. The role would be perfect for a candidate seeking work / life balance within the western suburbs and offers an 8:00am to 4:00pm working day, parking on site and flexible working arrangements.
How to Apply
If your next move aligns with this position, please apply directly using the link below and attach an updated copy of your resume. Sharp & Carter will be in touch with all applicants and shortlisting will commence immediately for this position. For a confidential conversation about this job opportunity, please call Haylea Smith on 0491 286 873.