Founded over 40 years ago our Client is the leader in environmental consultation and management in Australia. Their Clients are household name listed entities, government agencies and local councils. With Sustainability and safety at the forefront of what they do, they have captured market share and are the preferred choice of major organisations within the public and private Sector.
About the role
As a talented Lawyer or Contracts Manager you will build, lead and develop the contracts function of the business on a national level. While the role will be focused primarily on driving commercial results and mitigating risk, you will also take on interesting business management activities, which may be an upskill for you. Some of the hats you will wear in this role will be the following:
- Draft, evaluate, negotiate, and execute contracts as well as provision of contract-related issue resolution, both internally and externally;
- Meet with customers to discuss both legal and business matters;
- Identify opportunities to improve business processes within your remit and devise plans to implement these changes;
- High level involvement in the tender process from inception through to delivery;
- Assess risks and make recommendations based on a thorough analysis of all factors involved in a business situation;
- Ensure safety as a key focus, refusing to compromise on the safety of team members, subcontractors, clients and members of the public.
For this role we are open to considering Lawyers or Contract Managers who really want more from their career and to work in a non traditional legal environment. Whatever your background we know you will have some great skills to bring to the table based on your general commercial law/contract management experience.
Taking that next step can be a tough decision and we know you will have some questions about this exciting opportunity. For a full position description and confidential discussion please get in touch with Lee Ruddy on 0450363147.