The Gladstone Area Water Board (GAWB) is a commercial Statutory Authority whose purpose is to supply water in bulk to major consumers in the Gladstone Region. Those consumers comprise major industries, power generating organisations, and the Gladstone Regional Council. GAWB manages a variety of assets ranging from major water storage through to pump stations, pipelines, storage tanks and water treatment plants. GAWB also operates and maintains recreational facilities and fish fingerling production facilities and stocking programs.
About the Position
As a corporate project manager, you will be responsible for the management of a range of business critical improvement projects that could span across areas such as culture/change management, safety, risk and climate change.
You will work closely with the Project Sponsor (typically a senior leader or executive) to deliver these initiatives, managing and leading all aspects of project development and implementation across the portfolio including:
- Preparing business cases and project plans, establishing appropriate governance, identifying, allocating and managing resources, and meeting reporting requirements.
- Leading the development and delivery of programs, identifying interdependencies and leveraging resources to maximise efficiencies and achieve required organisation outcomes.
- Providing expert advice and information to stakeholders on emerging project issues and present recommendations.
- Managing the engagement of stakeholders during the development, implementation, and review of projects to ensure understanding and effective implementation of policy initiative into business operations.
GAWB is seeking an enthusiastic, dedicated individual who possesses the following qualifications, experience and capabilities:
- Demonstrated experience managing projects that involve significant business process and technological change
- Demonstrated skill in report writing & presentation skills
- End-to-end delivery of technical and non-technical work streams
- Executive-level stakeholder engagement
- Proficient with MS Project and developing own schedules
- Diploma level or above qualifications in project management would be desirable.