Our client is a large, reputable market leader within the services industry. They provide support and quality services to a quarter of Melbourne's population and have a mindset of further developing their reputation within the market. With recent changes due to growth, our client is seeking a Director of Payroll Services to manage their Shared Services function. Known for hiring and retaining top talent, they offer a supportive working environment based in luxury offices.
Reporting to the CFO, you will be responsible for but not limited to the following duties:
- Recognise commercial and practical matters (statutory legislation changes, award increases, etc.) affecting employees.
- Understand business expectations and respond in a proactive and positive manner.
- Understand and adhere to standards, methodologies and operation procedures for the execution of payroll delivery in an accurate and timely manner.
- Understand issues of quality and risk management whilst maintaining the necessary internal controls to mitigate any risk.
- Lead the development and implementation of strategies that supports the organisations strategic plan, organisational priorities and guiding principles.
- Provide expert advice to the CE, Executive Management Team and key stakeholders on issues relating to Payroll delivery
- Lead and manage the Shared Services team to ensure we are pursuing excellence and performance improvement in quality, safety and employee engagement.
This will be an excellent opportunity for a Senior Payroll Manager to take the next step in their career. Culture and performance is paramount to our client hence, we are looking for the following attributes in the ideal candidate.
- Excellent key stakeholder engagement skills
- Experience using Kronos, Chris 21 (Frontier) will be advantageous
- Extensive knowledge of awards and enterprise agreements
- High level of financial and analytical skills
- An eye for project management and process improvement
- Excellent leadership/mentoring capability
- Supportive & motivated working environment
- Opportunity to dive deep into process improvement projects
- Work for an organisation that gives back to the community
- Opportunity to work under a well regarded CFO that will assist with your career development.
To apply online please click on the appropriate link, alternatively for a confidential discussion please call Tiarne Bennett on 0417 051 898 or Kate McGreavy on 0405 077 808.