Ford are the largest automotive employer in Australia with over 2,500 employees, including 2,000+ engineers, designers and technicians.
Ford are committed to help build a better world, where every person is free to move and pursue their dreams. They are currently amid the biggest change the automotive industry has ever seen. Self-driving cars, electric powertrains and connected vehicles which will radically reshape how we live, work and play in the future.
Ford are looking for a Financial Analyst in the Product Development division. The successful candidate will be responsible for a broad range of business partnering and analytical activities. You will be engaging extensively with key operational stakeholders, providing advice, business partnering and commercial guidance to balance operational objectives with the financial discipline.
As part of the finance team, you will be responsible to support their current and future model year vehicle programs.
Reporting to the Material Cost Finance Manager, key responsibilities will include the following:
- Provide extensive business and cost analysis to deliver the Material Cost objectives
- Support the delivery of Material Cost and Investment reporting for the Program
- Manage the Bill of Material (BoM) for various commodities
- Provide financial support to Engineers and Programs Office in reviewing changes for approval and reporting risks and opportunities
- Complete review and analysis of proposed changes and supplier cost updates, prepare approval papers and ensure robust tracking of approved cost and investment changes
- Support the setting up and monitoring the financial targets and program budgets for material components and Tooling
- Provide financial analysis to support cross functional analysis including Purchasing, Program Finance and Engineering
- Support idea generation and tracking for cost / investment reduction to help achieve financial targets
- Analysing and presenting business cases before the senior management involving design and sourcing changes
- Support financial reporting to Senior Management regarding financial status and variance explanations
- Complete Bill of Material reconciliations to confirm cost status and ensure robust financial reporting
- Support workstreams and processes to deliver Control Model Vehicle and Average Market/Region Material Cost reporting
- Involvement in other related cost analysis work streams:
- Working with various stakeholders to complete accurate costings and business cases
- Building and updating complex models
- Establishing relationships outside of finance to present analysis and commentary
- Identifying and executing process improvement opportunities
- Ad hoc analysis, project planning and execution
You will be CA/CPA qualified and collaborative in style, with previous experience in a large, complex commercial business or Big4/mid-tier accounting firm. You have the presence to engage with non-financial stakeholders and capable of dealing with large quantities of data, while your Financial Modelling skills are intermediate – advanced.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious finance professional that is excited by the idea of joining a large multi-national that supports fantastic career pathways.
Ford Australia is committed to building an inclusive work environment where people of all gender identities, cultural and linguistic backgrounds, sexual orientations, disabilities, and ages feel welcomed, included, and supported to succeed. We encourage applications from people of all identities and backgrounds and strongly encourage applications from First Nations people.
All qualified applicants will receive equitable consideration for employment.
How to Apply:
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Brendan Close via firstname.lastname@example.org
Any third party or direct applications will be forwarded to Sharp & Carter for consideration.