About the role
As the Finance Director of the Pathology Network West Program, you will lead the financial merger of multiple existing pathology services and the establishment of a new public pathology entity to serve the Parkville Precinct.
You will be a crucial figure in setting the strategic direction, driving transformational change, ensuring financial control, and managing compliance and risk. Your role includes project management of the integration, leading financial analysis and management, development of appropriate processes and controls, and relationship management with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Leading and planning the approach for all financial aspects of the merger
- Commercial insights and finalisation of the financial model to be applied across the new entity
- Developing the overall financial control processes including financial accounting, taxation, accounts payable and billing services integration into financial reporting
- Pricing schedule development and validation for implementation
- Leading the implementation of the financial model
- Leading financial negotiations and management of key stakeholders
Skills and Experience
You are CA/CPA qualified and have a proven track record as a high achieving finance leader in medium sized organisations. You possess a strategic mindset, are a driver of strategic transformation and change, and maintain attention to detail while managing a broad range of priorities and large projects in a complex environment. Your leadership skills, stakeholder management experience, and ability to engage with, build relationships with, and influence senior cross functional professionals at all levels of an organisation are exceptional.
You are highly organised, structured and methodical in your approach. You also have well developed communication and problem solving skills, technical accounting understanding, commercial acumen, and experience in managing complex stakeholder relationships with a diplomatic and pragmatic approach. Although not essential, previous experience in the healthcare sector is highly valued.
- Drive the strategic transformation and integration of crucial pathology services
- Collaborate with senior leadership as a key right hand person to the Executive Director
- Competitive remuneration and benefits
- Work in a collaborative and friendly environment.
- City-fringe location with onsite parking
About the Pathology Network West (PNW) Program
The Pathology Network West (PNW) Program is an exciting transformation program spanning the four health services of the Parkville Precinct: The Royal Melbourne Hospital, The Royal Women’s Hospital, The Royal Children’s Hospital, and Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre. This strategic Program will amalgamate the pathology services within the Parkville Precinct to provide world-class, research-led public pathology services.
The Parkville Precinct has a strong history of collaboration, with each health service taking responsibility for Precinct-wide reforms. The Royal Melbourne Hospital is the lead site for the PNW Program, maintaining continued close relationships with the hospitals throughout the Program.
Pathology services in the Precinct provide essential services for patients and insightful and timely advice for clinicians. The vision of the PNW Program is to provide more equitable access to larger, better equipped pathology services and specialised testing expertise, helping more patients to benefit from research-driven outcomes.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Andi Caragounis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note that all direct and third party applications will be forwarded to Sharp & Carter for consideration.