Based in Port Melbourne, our client is a well established and iconic family organisation who have gone through significant positive transformation over recent years and are well equipped to continue on their mandate for growth and continued success.
Reporting to the COO, the Financial Controller is responsible for the ‘day-to-day’ financial leadership of the finance function and is a key member of the leadership team. The role is to lead the group’s finance function and to proactively support continued business improvement and success.
On a day to day basis, you will be responsible for:
- Lead the preparation and analysis of timely and accurate financial and statutory reports including P&L, balance sheet, cashflow and board papers / dashboards (by business unit and at group level)
- Preparing the annual budget, produce quarterly re-forecast and provide commentary
- Management of 5 direct reports
- Driving commercial insights such as business proposals and tenders
- Managing project reporting including margin and WIP analysis
- Managing tax compliance including BAS returns
- Analysing and managing the group's cashflow position
- Providing management support to the Leadership Team and Directors, including leading and mentoring junior staff members
Ideally CA / CPA qualified, you will have demonstrated extensive experience in a commercial finance role within a high performing finance function. You have strong attention to detail and have the ability to motivate and lead the finance department, effectively creating a business partnering environment to assist in commercial decision-making. You will be hands on in nature and your excellent interpersonal and communication skills give you the confidence to engage and influence those above and below you and across the organisation. You have strong commitment to ongoing personal development and improvement of processes, and aspire to value-add in your next long-term career step.
If you have any questions, please contact David Petrou on 0402 664 423 or alternatively at firstname.lastname@example.org.