Our client is looking for an ambitious and energetic Graduate Assistant Accountant to join their team, assisting with banking processes, financial reporting analysis and cash flow management. The role would suit a pro-active new university graduate, or someone who has been in the industry for 1-2 years.
The successful applicant would need to exhibit a keen eagerness to learn whilst also being given exposure to monthly accounting processes to gain a fundamental understanding of the finance industry.
Please note: Applicants must hold full working rights (either Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident)
You will assist with a number of different tasks which include (but are not limited to)
- Complete daily bank reconciliations.
- Preparing monthly journal entries.
- Assistance with effective cash flow management.
- Fixed asset maintenance.
- Assist with the reporting of P&L statements and balance sheets.
- Process account adjustments and handle internal queries.
- General Accounts Payable & Receivable responsibilities
The successful applicant will have:
- Recent relevant undergraduate Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Exceptional communication skills to liaise with both internal and external stakeholders
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Some previous finance/accounting experience is preferred (1-2 years) but not essential!
About the client
Our client is a large advisory firm based on Sydney CBD. They have a strong working culture and many perks of joining the team including: paid study support/leave, a fully stocked kitchen, changerooms for after exercising and a fun/energetic working culture. Learn from industry leaders.
How to Apply
Please click the link below and submit your Resume to apply for this position. For any further questions, please contact Valentina Gallardo at Vgallardo@sharpandcarter.com.au