Leading the Health & Safety team and working alongside the People & Culture team, this role will have 2 direct reports. Your main focus will be to further develop and promote key areas of the businesses safety management system across the Australia and New Zealand region. You will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with time spent in the office and on the road, working across business operations you will engage with a wide range of stakeholders. To excel in this role, you will have a solid understanding of Health & Safety procedures, have an adaptive communication style and be able to provide an innovative approach to consulting.
- Utilising an innovative and proactive approach to promote and support H&S initiatives across the wider business operations to influence stakeholders
- Work with broad P&C team to help drive the implementation and continuation of Health, Safety, Wellbeing initiatives for the company through informal and formal communications
- Assessing and improving safety management systems and safety risks through the implementation of action plans to ensure continued compliance
- Provide timely and accurate WHS reporting, management of incidents, resolution of complex safety issues to ensure compliance and legislative requirements are met
- Establishment of strong risk management practices in relation to work-related psychological health and safety
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in WHS legislation, experience in a multi-site environment would come highly regarded
- Tertiary qualifications in Health & Safety or industry experience in a similar position
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills
- Proven ability to provide sound advice and work in a consultative style with a broad range of stakeholders on H&S policies and initiatives
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, ability to work in a team environment and have a proactive approach to problem solving
Our client is an ASX retailer with a rich history and are well known for their beloved products. Promoting an innovative and proactive culture, this business allows for growth and development right across their operations. They have a strong ethos on continually improvement and innovation, allowing them to become a leader in their space.
How to Apply
If your next move aligns with this position, please apply directly using the link below and attach an updated copy of your resume. For a confidential discussion around your career or more information on this role, please reach out to Haylea Smith on email@example.com or Lauren Fraser on firstname.lastname@example.org.