This group are a private developer/builder that deliver design focused high end residential apartments, townhouses and homes. They have a significant pipeline that will be delivered over the next five years and are highly active looking for new acquisitions. They are looking for an experienced construction professional to lead their construction division.
The Position – General Manager Construction
Reporting to the owner of the company you will be responsible for leading the construction division and deliver boutique homes, townhouses and apartments. You will be responsible for the following;
- Oversee and manage project delivery teams.
- Ensure projects are meeting set budgets and programs.
- Oversee procurement, contract management and dispute resolution.
- Attend PCG meetings and manage external clients.
- Prepare and present monthly construction reports to the Director of company.
- Manage compliance, OH&S and QA.
- Lead design development and the pre-construction phase with either the internal development team or external clients.
- Work collaboratively with internal departments to ensure key deliverables are achieved on development projects.
We are looking for a senior construction professional with a proven track record of delivering complex high end construction projects. It is essential that you have a proven track record of delivering high end projects with an emphasis on quality. It is anticipated you will have the following skillset/experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in Construction Management, Engineering, or another related discipline in the industry.
- Proven experience working as a General Manager, Construction Director or Senior Project Manager working for a builder on high end homes, townhouses or apartments.
- Demonstrable leadership skills and a collaborative approach.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to engage and influence a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Ideally hold a Domestic and Commercial Building Licence.
What's on Offer
Opportunity to join a highly successful property group with an enviable track record and a significant pipeline to deliver over the next five to seven years. Rare opportunity to work closely with the owner to deliver arguably Melbourne’s most high-end projects. Please call James Wagner on 0497046799 to learn more about the position.