Foundation Education Group is a privately owned RTO and is dedicated to giving students access to quality education and employment opportunities. They offer top-quality vocational courses across a broad spectrum of industries. They’ve built a strong team of experts in management, administration, support and education alongside their sister educator, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT), and a robust network of industry partners all around Australia.
About the Position
Reporting to the CFO, the Head of Finance will lead and manage the operational finance team and functions. You will oversee financial & management accounting, monthly reporting requirements and assist with building out their commercial FP&A function to provide the organisation with actionable business insights.
As a finance leader and commercial business partner, you will provide a crucial link between finance, operations, sales and other business units across the organisation. Your ability to provide value through commercial insights will be crucial to your success, enabling business decisions to be made, ultimately driving financial success of the organisation.
Your ability to identify process, risk and compliance issues within Finance, propose solutions and take the lead in implementing the chosen solution will be critical to your success.
This is a visible and influential role that requires a combination of strong financial leadership, financial acumen, business partnering skills and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Lead, guide and mentor a team of eight (most offshore)
- Accountable for the delivery of the commercial and financial aspects of the business including timely and accurate reporting and the management of the commercial and financial team to complete these deliverables.
- Manage the entire cycle of end of month and year end close and reporting processes, including audits
- Annual budgeting and regular forecasting/re-forecasting, including cashflow forecasting
- Financial performance monitoring and reporting - dashboard, KPI and metric preparation, reporting and analysis
- Work with the CFO to establish and maintain robust financial processes and a strong internal controls environment across the organisation
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to develop and implement financial strategies that align with business objectives and drive performance
- Conduct financial analysis, including monthly reporting across actuals versus forecast to identify areas for improvement and cost saving opportunities
- CA/CPA/CIMA or equivalent qualification
- Relevant experience in a senior finance related role with a commercial operational focus
- Demonstrated people leadership abilities
- Strong communication skills and stakeholder engagement
- Enjoy adding value by operating as a business partner to operational stakeholders
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Dan Careless on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0411 955 700.