My client is a high security printer that cares deeply about the well-being of the people and nations that use their banknotes and passports. They have built their policies and business processes around the highest standards of integrity and ethics while delivering banknotes and passports on-time, on-budget, and to the highest quality.
The Current Opportunity
The permanent opportunity comes with flexible working arrangements. 2 days are expected to be in the office and the rest from home, you must be double vaccinated to be considered for the role.
This position is responsible for implementing and maintaining the Information Technology Infrastructure appropriate to the requirements of our client as directed by IT management.
The responsibilities of the role
- Maintain and monitor all networks, security, and computer systems to meet the organization's current and future requirements
- Responsible for management, maintenance and architecture of storage, virtualised environment, servers, network devices, and productivity tools
- Monitor systems and identify performance issues proactively
- Investigate any incidents, recurring issues, or systemic concerns, in order to identify the root cause(s) and provide recommended actions for resolution.
- Provide operational support for relevant projects.
- Participate as required in providing day to day support to system users.
- Accurate and timely use of the IT Service Desk system to manage and record work.
- Ensure a safe working environment through strong risk management and promoting safe working practices
- Report all hazards, incidents and near misses immediately
- Comply with Compliance obligations.
- Other duties as required by the company.
The successful applicant will possess
- Tertiary qualification in Information Technology or equivalent.
- Minimum 6 to 8 years’ experience in a complex IT environment with medium/large organisations.
- Familiarity with highly-available, mission critical systems design and operation.
- Thorough knowledge of and experience in managing the security of systems with access to the internet, customers, partners, and vendors.
- Highly competent in planning and executing server installations and upgrades.
- Strong knowledge of network devices, services and common protocols.
Skills, Technologies worked with, Experience:
You would have worked with the following technologies
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012/2016/2019
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2016
- Microsoft System Center 2012
- Office 365 and Azure Active Directory
- Fortinet security appliances
- Managing Microsoft Windows Domains (AD, Group Policy, DNS, and DHCP etc.)
- Experience using automated monitoring tools
- ITIL V4– Certification preferred
- Nutanix HCI Infrastructure experience well-regarded
- Proven track record with hosted desktop and published applications
- Proven ability to work in a cloud based or hosting environment
Benefits of joining the organisation:
Working from home model, flexible working arrangements
On site gym and canteen
On site parking
Nearby public transport access
Company culture - Friendly IT team who work hard & have good times