Permanent job opportunity based in Melbourne. A fully remote working arrangement is on offer if required.
Working under the supervision of the Lead Software Architect, this role involves working on a cloud-based system monitoring satellite-enabled asset around the globe.
1. Follow safe work practices and procedures, and ensure a “safety first” culture in every task undertaken.
2. Work with the Lead Software Architect to understand and translate functional requirements of Sealite’s Star2M platform. This will include researching, designing, writing, documenting, and testing new programs.
3. Create technical specifications and test plans, including user acceptance testing.
4. Participate in the development & maintenance of our cloud-based systems and solutions.
5. Maintain website systems by monitoring, identifying and correcting defects.
6. Provide technical support across Sealite’s global business for our online system.
7. Write operational documentation with technical authors.
8. Work closely and interact with other staff to contribute to company objectives. Regular contacts include engineers, quality assurance, project managers, graphic artists, systems analysts, and sales and marketing professionals.
9. Consult clients and colleagues concerning the maintenance and performance of web systems. Obtain information, clarify details and then implement outcomes.
10. Constantly update technical knowledge and skills by attending in-house and/or external courses, reading manuals and accessing new applications.
11. Participation in department improvement activities such as reviewing and updating engineering processes.
12. Perform any other duties as reasonably directed.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in relevant field.
- A passion for programming.
- Knowledge and hands on experience in C#
- Experience in any of the technologies we use including .NET, Angular 2+, Azure.
- Comfortable working in a small team and independently.
- Willingness to embrace and adapt to an agile work environment.
- Strong desire to take pride in your work and how you represent yourself and Sealite