The role also includes the oversight and management of their external Real Estate Management service provider to ensure the successful negotiation of lease contracts with Tenants and Landlords in the best commercial interests of the University whilst having regard to its broader strategic objectives and Campus Master Plan.
Reporting to the Director of Property & Economic Development, the Leasing Manager will have overall responsibility across all campuses for leasing operations and administration including the following:
Manage the external Real Estate Management Team to:
- Ensure timely collection of rental and other recoverable outgoings across the portfolio.
- Ensure the effective management lease contracts, lease data and ongoing improvement of information and lease management systems.
- Effective property management of retail and other precincts on the Melbourne campus.
- Appropriate service provision of maintenance and other FM is provided to leased premises through internal or external providers in order to meet lease and other statutory obligations.
- Oversight and successful negotiation of new lease contracts, rental reviews, lease renewals and other lease variations on behalf of the University as Landlord or Tenant.
- Ensure the effective management and performance of lease obligations and preparation of reports against budget and agreed KPI’s.
- The oversight and management of negotiations and partnering arrangements associated with leases.
- Liaise and coordinate with the University Legal Services Division in relation to the preparation and management of lease contracts
Successful applicants for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualification in Property or 5+ years industry experience in managing commercial portfolios
- Strong and demonstrated understanding of the Retail Leases Act
- Demonstrated experience working with and influencing senior management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including ability to negotiate, motivate, influence and build relationships.
- Proven experience managing and controlling budgets/resources/funding and an understanding of financial management procedures.
Sharp & Carter Property recruitment have been retained to recruit this exciting opportunity with La Trobe University.
Why work at La Trobe: http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact James Shiells on 0411 256 983 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
All direct and third-party applications will be sent to Sharp & Carter for assessment.