Reporting to the Communications Manager, responsibilities will include supporting communication solutions with a focus on achieving awareness, desire and adoption of changes, as well as planning, providing expert communication advice and implementation as part of business transformation. Liaising and consulting with leaders, guiding managers and developing communications will be a significant part of the role.
- Develop and implement communications and stakeholder relations
- Develop communication strategies and tactics to promote our clients new digital programs and offerings
- Provide guidance to middle managers as they lead their direct reports through changes and new services
- Coordinate communications and materials with existing national, regional and local communications to ensure alignment and consistency of key messaging and themes
- Create high quality communications with a focus on clarity and simplicity of messages, appropriate channel selection and robust measures of effectiveness.
Skills and Experience:
The successful candidate will posses the following:
- A relevant Tertiary or Degree qualification in Business, Communications.
- 3 to 5 experience in successfully delivering communication based initiative
- Highly motivated and self-reliant
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills to include experience with developing and delivering presentations, editing, and proofreading
- Previous experience in a similar role working for a Not-for-profit or Health Care sector is preferred but not essential.
- One of Australia's most well known and loved NFP's and Healthcare providers
- Huge opportunity to own major communication projects to both internal and external audiences
- Autonomy and Ownership.
- Amazing team culture and flexible working arrangements
- Strong salary offering and career progression opportunities.
Click APPLY or contact Michael Barry on firstname.lastname@example.org