This well known retail brand is looking for an experienced payroll project manager to come on board for an initial 6 month contract. They have gone through significant recent change within their payroll department, and need this person to lead and manage an overall process improvement project. This role could go permanent for the right person.
Reporting into finance, you will be responsible for:
- Map out system issues, working with external providers
- Review the whole payroll processing system, with an aim to use the system more effectively
- Help out with the running of the end to end process of payroll
- Reporting the outcomes of different tests used with the system
- Diagnose any issues, system testing and troubleshooting
- Backup for the running of payroll data
- Work closely with industrial relations and interpreting awards etc.
The right candidate for this role will come from ideally a senior payroll position within a retail organisation. Previous experience with Australian & New Zealand Payroll is an advantage, along with experience using Kronos & ADP. Having experience enterpreting EBA's/Awards is also a high advantage. This person will also have a high level of management skills, problem solving skills and be capable of running the end to end process of a normal payroll cycle. Clear direction and communication skills is also highly regarded.